Advanced Unmanned Ground and Surface Vehicle Training: UGV/USV/Drone Commercial Training.
This Challenger course is for advanced students who are interested in becoming a Commercial UGV/USV/Drone operator with special emphasis on using sensor technology. Challenger has created this course to provide specific training on Unmanned Ground and surface Vehicles (UGV/USV) that are playing an increasingly important role in military and commercial applications. These robotic and autonomous systems (RAS) are improving safety and significantly reducing the number of Dull, Dirty, Dangerous tasks performed by humans. Micro Systems is supporting the industry developing Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) systems for Automated Convoy and Leader/Follower Operations, Route Clearance, Tactical Resupply, and for Gunnery Training and Weapons Evaluation as Unmanned Ground Targets. Additionally, we are leveraging our military Leader/Follower technology for a non-military application to support the Road Construction Industry with the development of the Autonomous TMA (ATMA). USV unmanned surface vehicles are used for a wide range of military and commercial applications. For military these include Mine Counter Measures (MCM), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), and Fast Inshore Attack Craft (FIAC) for combat training. For commercial these include, Oil and Gas Exploration and Construction, Oceanographic Data Collection, Hydrographic, Oceanographic and Environmental Surveys. This course is an introduction to and use of modern “sensor” cameras including infrared (IR), LIDAR, 3D mapping.
- Applicable regulations relating to UGV/USV rating privileges, limitations, and operation
- Weather sources and effects of weather on UGV/USV performance
- UGV/USV loading and performance
- Emergency procedures
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- Radio communication procedures
- Determining the performance of UGV/USV
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical Decision-Making.
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- UGV/USV training (simulator and hands on)
- Privacy & Legal Concerns
- Certificate of Completion
- Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Videography
- Working with First Responder’s and Insurance
- Structure Aerial Inspection Tactics
- Basic Camera Setup & Operation
- First Person View (FPV) Operations
- Using multispectral sensors including infrared (IR), LIDAR, 3D mapping
Course Duration: 40 Hours Call for pricing